So your edges have been leaving you for quite some time now and the thinning hair along your temples is becoming quite noticeable from across the room or noticeable only to you when you become brave enough to peep beneath whatever is covering your hairline. Receding hair is not fun. It can be embarrassing and steal your confidence. Thankfully, there are practical solutions you can try right now.
Here are 11 proven ways to combat your thinning hairline or edges [you are probably doing one of them already]:
1. Rub thinning areas with warmed oils. Try using vitamin E, rosemary oil, peppermint oil (antibacterial & soothing) or castor oil (removes toxins & impurities)
2. Add pure aloe vera to your regimen.
3. Sleep on a satin pillow case
4. Eat a diet balanced with vitamin, minerals and protein.
5. Keep facial products away from your hairline.
6. Massage the scalp to increase circulation. This allows the follicles to receive a boost of oxygen.
7. Try Onion juice. [Read our blog post: Onions in Her Hair, A Natural Homemade Anti-Hair Loss Remedy]
8. Avoid tight hairstyle and satin caps.
9. Brush less and minimize gel usage
10. Be caution when using glues and wig caps. Allow your scalp to breath
11. Try ginger. Mix 1:1 with jojoba oil or avocado oil.
In conclusion, be patient and carve some time out to tend to your edges.
Tell us, which one of these tips have you tried? Which hair loss solution worked for you?
Don't Break the Comb, celebrates natural hair texture and versatility. It promotes natural hair growth & loving care through workshops, videos and articles to empower and educate women to network, conquer hair fears and challenges and use our rich island resources.
If you are new, welcome. If you’ve been following, thank you. If you’ve signed up, welcome to the family.
Editor & Content Curator